The Best Baby Carriers: Six Selection Advice•
Posted on August 19 2022
Are you still struggling to hold a baby for a long time? When you have a baby you will find that holding a baby is not an easy job. The tiny baby will sleep if you hold it, and cry if you put it down, but your back will be sore if you hold it for ten minutes, not to mention freeing up your hands to do other things.
At this point, we need a baby carrier to save hands! With it, you can finally hold the baby while working, doing housework, rainy days out walking the baby, holding an umbrella can go, more convenient than the stroller. But there are a wide variety of baby carriers on the market, the price varies, in the end choose which is good? In fact, no matter which one to choose, reasonable use is more important.
Read this article to easily choose the right baby carrier for you and your baby!
Table of content：
- Stroller VS Baby Carriers
- Notes on the use of baby carriers
- Suitable baby carriers for different ages
- How to choose a baby carrier?
- Introduction of the three mainstream baby carriers
Stroller VS Baby Carriers
Of all the baby travel tools, baby strollers and baby carriers are our most common, most practical, and also the most utilized. In terms of comfort baby strollers are the best choice for baby outings, especially for families traveling away from home, however expensive and difficult to store are its drawbacks. This is where a baby carrier can achieve our goal of freeing up our hands. With a baby carrier, you can carry your child on your back anytime and anywhere, which largely facilitates parents to do things or go out.
Second, according to the "Sears intimate parenting" theory, baby carriers are better than baby strollers. The theory is that it is very important for parents and babies to establish a close relationship early on. Baby carriers focus on intimate parent-baby contact. The use of a baby carrier gives the baby a sense of security and strengthens the connection between parent and baby, and the parent becomes more integrated in the process, making it ideal for the development of a father-child relationship.
Notes on the use of baby carriers
- Pay attention to the length of continuous use of baby carriers should not exceed 2 hours, especially in summer! Too much time may make your baby develop skin problems such as heat rash.
- Do not use the baby carrier as a soothing tool for your baby. If your baby is put into the carrier when he/she cries, he/she may feel more insecure and intensify crying.
- Check the carrier often to see if there are any gaps or cracks. Check that the buckles are all fastened before use, and adjust the straps to a comfortable position.
- Pay special attention to your baby's safety when using the baby carrier to avoid accidents such as bruises, sprains or slips.
Suitable baby carriers for different ages
|Horizontal hug||Babies under four months old are not recommended to use carriers because their bones are still soft, so as not to affect the normal development of the baby's bones. You can use a baby carrier, so that the baby reclines in the arms of the parents, just like the position during breastfeeding.|
|Face to face||Four-month-old babies can use a carrier. For four to six months old babies, because the neck muscles muscles are not fully developed, they can not hold the head well, so it is suitable to use the front hold carrier. This way the baby is facing the parents and it is easy for parents to observe the baby at all times to avoid the risk of suffocation due to squeezing.|
|Facing forward||At this age, the baby's ability to sit alone is lacking, so it is suitable for the front back carrier. Baby is carried by parents, face forward, can observe more new things in the outside world.|
|10M+||Behind back||Whether you use a front or back carrier for your baby, parents should always check the baby's condition to avoid injury due to squeezing.|
How to choose a baby carrier?
Six tips for selecting a baby carrier:
1. safety: choose those baby carriers that can protect the baby's head well and can keep warm and block the wind.
2. material: whether the carrier material is strong, not easy to wear; choose breathable, soft, easy to clean material.
3. workmanship: the seams and stress points of the carrier should be made fine; the shoulder straps should be comfortable enough for easy operation, choose a wide shoulder strap design.
4. accessories: whether the buckle for the carrier is firm enough; force points with pads; shoulder straps can be removed flexibly for easy cleaning and disinfection.
5. The carrier should not restrict the mother's activities. The shoulder straps are designed to help the mother hold the baby, not to bind the baby. So try to see if the baby's limbs can stretch freely to avoid affecting his activities.
6. Pay attention to the size of the carrier is not a good fit, comfortable, so that the use of not feel too tired. Read the instructions carefully before using the product to understand how to use.
Introduction of the three mainstream baby carriers
As with children's clothing, there are a wide variety of baby carriers on the market. To bulk buy children's clothing, you need to understand the relevant knowledge. There are three types of mainstream baby carriers: double-shoulder baby carriers, baby carriers for waist, and baby wrap carriers, which are introduced below.
Double-shoulder baby carrier
Advantages: portable and labor-saving. Some of the styles are widely applicable to the age, high frequency of use.
Disadvantages: most of them are expensive.
Double shoulder baby carrier is not necessarily the best experience from all angles, but must be the most average, the most complete, and no obvious shortcomings, recommended for babies over 4 months. Most baby carriers have a variety of ways to hold: forward-facing, to the parents, backward, etc..
However, the seat design is not reasonable carrier may endanger the development of the baby's hip joint. Parents in the purchase, pay attention to the selection of a wider seat, baby sitting in the legs propped up and open in the "M" shape, the knees are not lower than the buttocks, this is a more reasonable design.
Baby hip carrier for waist
Advantages: wide seat, baby sitting more comfortable.
Disadvantages: Easier to strain the back, not friendly to C-section mothers, not as good as a carrier for storage.
Baby carrier for waist is similar in appearance to the baby carrier, and is recommended for babies over 6 months old who can already sit upright. Do not recommend the baby waist stool without straps: baby sitting on the spine without support, not only tired of sitting, but also not conducive to spinal development. Although parents can use their hands to support the back, but this will not play a role in freeing hands, and one-handed local support is not as even as the support of the whole piece of the back belt support. Therefore, when buying it is recommended to choose the style with straps, baby more comfortable, parents also easy.
Baby wrap carrier
Advantages: good wrapping, soothing ability, give the baby a sense of security, easy to put to sleep.
Disadvantages: the quality of this type of product varies, high requirements for the use of skills, not suitable for newcomers. Suitable for small month-old baby, the baby is not good after the older, there are limitations on the use of time.
This kind of back towel wrapping is too good, when using especially pay attention to observe whether the fabric covers the baby's mouth and nose, thus limiting air circulation. In addition, this back towel on the baby's head support is weak, parents need to gently hold the baby's head.
Night Sweats During...
Women are prone to night sweats in early pregnancy, which varies from person to person and may last up to a month after delivery before ending.Befo...Read More
Feeding Your Baby w...
When you have a baby, a bottle is definitely indispensable. Whether it is mixed feeding, formula feeding, or breastfeeding bottle feeding, the heal...Read More
Disposable nappy or...
Have you calculated how many diapers you need to raise a child? If you try to stop using diapers from the age of 2, you'll need about 4,000 diapers...Read More